Dear God (Warning Disturbing Content)

My mommy died today. They tell me she was sick. I don’t understand how you can die from being sick. Every time I’m sick, I always get better. So why didn’t she get better? I heard daddy tell someone it was like an alien had invaded her body. She just wasn’t herself. Is that how getting sick kills you? From an alien? No one will tell me.

Something happened after she ran into her bedroom crying though. She didn’t look sick that day. There was a loud boom noise. I remember daddy screaming when he went into their bedroom. I remember the nice police man who gave me a lollipop. I remember the bed on wheels being pushed out with something on it covered in a white sheet. My friend Marcy told me that was mommy. “She killed herself. Your mommy didn’t love you anymore and so she shot her brains out.” Marcy thinks she’s so smart because her mommy and daddy let her watch police man shows on TV.

I asked Daddy what mommy was sick from. He told me her brain was sick and so she couldn’t think right anymore. I just want my mommy to come back from being dead. God, send my mommy back. I need her to read me my stories. She read The Wizard of Oz better than daddy. She did the voices and made funny faces. I need her to sing me my lullaby. Daddy never sings them and he don’t know the words.

God why can’t I have my mommy to cuddle with me before I go to sleep? She was so much better than cuddling with Mr. Bear. Grandma and Grandpa are here now. Grandpa smells funny and Grandma can’t hear too good. Grandma try reading my story tonight but it just wasn’t the same. She sang me a lullaby that was boring and not very fun. Not like mommy.

So I’m doing like my daddy told me one time and asking for something. Daddy told me you can do miracles and make good things happen for people. So I want to ask God, can I pretty please with a cherry on top have my mommy back?

0 comments:

Post a Comment